Add this easy and delicious Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas recipe to your meal plan and it’ll soon become a family favorite!
My kids love tacos, quesadillas, taquitos, and basically any meal that reminds them of our favorite Mexican restaurant. I won’t pretend like I know how to replicate any of those authentic Mexican dishes, however, I can whip together a tasty and easy meal including these delicious Chicken Fajitas.
These Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas are freaking AMAZING! First, let me tell you how I resisted getting an Instant Pot for the longest. I just couldn’t understand why everyone and their mama wanted one.
Then I caved and bought one last year. It has rocked my world on so many levels that I’m kicking myself for not getting one sooner.
Now back to the recipe…if you want to enjoy a delicious quick meal that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or cooking steps, make sure to add this Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas recipe to your dinner rotation!
If you want the full recipe, just scroll to the bottom of this post!
What should I serve with Chicken Fajitas?
What I love about Chicken Fajitas is that they are great all on their own, however, you can also serve them with rice, refried beans, a side of guac, or pico de gallo with tortilla chips. This recipe is tasty and full of flavor so additional sides are optional.
Can I prep and freeze for later?
Yup! If you don’t want to worry about chopping any veggies or fussing with meat, you can prep all of your ingredients and add them to a freezer bag. You don’t even have to thaw it out if you plan to add it your Instant Pot. Just make sure to adjust your cooking time to account for the frozen meat and vegetables!
Additional tips to save time in the kitchen!
- Thaw the chicken and slice before cooking.
- Warm up tortillas while the Instant Pot is venting.
- Place your favorite toppings at the dinner table while food is cooking, some of my faves – shredded cheese, guac, hot sauce, pico de gallo and sour cream.
- Serve over rice if you prefer to make a chicken fajita bowl. The leftover salsa from the Instant Pot tastes great over rice!
Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
An easy and tasty Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas recipe that requires few ingredients. Add this to your meal plan and it will become a family favorite!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 tri-color bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 of yellow onion sliced
- 8 oz of mild chunky salsa
- packet of taco (or fajita) seasoning
- Cut chicken breasts into thin slices and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cut the onion and peppers into slices.
- Add chicken, onion, peppers, salsa and taco seasoning into the instant pot and mix together.
- Select the Meat/Stew option on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 6 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick release and when it's done venting, open the pot and stir.
You can use the leftover sauce from the Instant Pot to pour over rice if making a chicken fajita bowl!