A creamy vanilla ice cream with raspberry swirls and dark chocolate chunks. This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of La Lechera®. All ideas and opinions are my own.
One of our favorite things to do on the weekends is take day trips to nearby cities. During these trips, we like to find cool spots to eat at and immerse ourselves in the local culture. Once the weather warms up, we also like to discover the best local ice cream shoppes.
Our love for ice cream doesn’t pause during the colder seasons. Typically I grab a tub while grocery shopping, but finding a flavor we can all agree on can be a bit of a challenge. Even my preschooler has an opinion on what ice cream I should buy! I recently discovered an easy ice cream recipe that can be whipped up in minutes which means I save money and time.
The recipe is a no churn vanilla ice cream that only requires two main ingredients – sweetened condensed milk and heavy whipping cream. I also added two of my family’s favorites, dark chocolate and raspberries, to make this an extra special treat. This recipe can be customized with a variety of mix-ins and ingredients. From fresh fruit to candy pieces, the flavor combinations are truly endless.
No Churn Vanilla Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream
1-14 ounce can of La Lechera® Sweet Condensed Milk
2 cups of heavy whipping cream, chilled
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of seedless raspberry jam
1/4 cup of raspberries
Dark chocolate bar chopped
1. Empty sweetened condensed milk can in a bowl and stir in vanilla extract.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream with a mixer on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until peaks form.
3. Add the whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk and fold until well blended.
4. Fold half of the dark chocolate pieces into the ice cream mixture.
5. Pour into a metal loaf pan or freezer-safe container.
6. Heat raspberry jam in the microwave in 15 second increments until the jam is smooth.
7. Spoon raspberry jam over ice cream mixture and swirl with a knife. Top off with raspberries and remainder of dark chocolate. (Raspberries will freeze, so if you prefer them soft in texture, add to ice cream when serving)
8. Cover and freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. Enjoy!
It’s truly that easy! The combination of La Lechera® Sweet Condensed Milk and heavy whipping cream creates a rich smooth ice cream your family will love.