These Keto Pumpkin Whoopie Pies combine two delicious pumpkin cookies filled with a sweet and creamy filling for the perfect low carb dessert!
I’m sooo ready for the fall season. Even with the lack of cooler weather in Florida, I still get excited about the new season. Of course that means making ALL the pumpkin recipes like these Keto Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.
If you want the full recipe, scroll to the bottom of the page!
Let me start out by saying that I’m not a keto purist. I follow it very loosely to help me balance out my love for carbs. I do see results when I follow a stricter keto lifestyle, but my love for bread and carbs runs deep so I prefer to substitute ingredients in some of my favorite recipes to make them low carb.
What is a whoopie pie?
Whoopie pies originated from the Amish community in Lancaster, PA (my hometown!). While growing up in Lancaster, I could easily find whoopie pies for sale at the local farm stands or bakeries. They are typically made with two cake-like chocolate cookies with a creamy vanilla filling, and are HUGE! Now you can find all flavor variations including pumpkin.
Can I store the Keto Pumpkin Whoopie Pies?
Yes! The cookies can be stored in an airtight container (without any filling) at room temperature for about a week. You can store the filling separately in the refrigerator and just assemble the whoopie pies before serving.
Additional recipe tips
- Using a small scoop will help the cookies keep the same circular shape and size
- Let the cookies cool completely before adding the filling
Check out these delicious pumpkin recipes!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup Swerve Granular Sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 6 tablespoons of soft butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons crushed pecans
- 1 cup of Swerve confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line your pan with parchment paper.
- Melt your butter for the whoopie pies for 15 seconds in a microwave then use a hand mixer and combine with sugar.
- Next, add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the rest of your ingredients for the whoopie pies in the bowl and mix for 2 minutes, making sure everything is combined.
- Using a small scoop or teaspoon, make the cookies into same size circular shapes. Make sure to leave at least 2 inches space because they do expand. You will either need to use two sheets or do 2-3 batches.
- You will bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the size. They need to have brown edges and be cooked through.
- When they are done, let them cool completely before adding the filling.
- For the filling, combine the butter and cream cheese until mixed well.
- Add in confectioners sugar and vanilla. Mix until filling is smooth. Add in crushed pecans.
- To make the whoopie pies, take a teaspoon or more (depending on size of cookie) and place on one side of the cookie. Then grab another cookie and set it on top, creating the whoopie pie. Repeat this step for as many as you would like to make right now.