These Keto Pumpkin Muffins with Pecan Streusel topping are delicious and full of flavor. The perfect recipe for the fall season and beyond!
I love everything about the fall season. Even after moving to a state that doesn’t experience all four seasons, I still get excited about heading to a pumpkin patch (yes, even in 90 degree weather!). I also enjoy making my favorite fall treats including these delicious Keto Pumpkin Muffins with Pecan Streusel topping.
About a month ago, I started to loosely follow a keto-friendly diet. I’ve tried everything in the past, but I find that keto recipes are easier to follow and my body also seems to react well to the foods I eat. I have a huge sweet tooth, so anything I can do to cut back a bit on my sugar and carb intake, I’m down to try.
What I love about these Keto Pumpkin Muffins with Pecan Streusel is that you don’t have to compromise flavor. Not only do they taste amazing, they will also fill your home with the scent of yummy fall goodness. Pumpkin, brown sugar and pecans are just some of the delicious flavors you’ll get to enjoy with this fun treat.
If you want the full recipe, you can scroll to the bottom of the page!
For the batter, combine all the muffin ingredients in a bowl and mix by hand, don’t use a mixer.
For the pecan streusel, make sure to use cold butter only. The butter will start to break apart and you will be left with your streusel topping.
Is the cream cheese icing necessary? Nope, but it’s definitely worth the extra step especially if you want to enjoy these for dessert.
When mixing the icing, you can add more almond milk if you prefer a runny consistency.
You can enjoy these Keto Pumpkin Muffins with Pecan Streusel for breakfast, snack or dessert with your favorite cozy drink!
Check out these other delicious recipes!
- 2 cups of fine almond flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- ¾ cup Swerve brown sugar
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup Swerve brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of crushed pecans
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- ½ cup swerve powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the muffins by hand making sure to combine well.
- Fill each muffin tin up ¾’s of the way to save room for the topping.
- To make the pecan streusel, combine all ingredients in a bowl. The butter will start to break apart and you will be left with a topping. Use a fork to do this.
- Fill each of the 12 muffin tins up with the topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool completely before frosting.
- For the icing, in a bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and slowly add in the powdered sugar until well combined.
- Add in the heavy cream and vanilla. You will notice that it is thick. Add in the almond milk to get it to a drizzle consistency you want. I used 2 tablespoons, but you may want to add in another 1-2 for a super runny drizzle. Enjoy!