31 Days To A Clutter Free Life Day 14: Master Closet & Drawers
Welcome to Day 14 of the 31 Days To A Clutter Free Life Challenge! If you want to find out what the challenge is all about or would like to read the previous posts, simply go here.
Today’s challenge will be focusing on the master closet and drawers. Like I mentioned yesterday, our master bedroom space is small which forces me to get creative with the space we do have. It also means that our “master” closet is very small. To be honest, I’m not even sure how my husband and I manage to
shove fit our clothes in there.
Believe it or not there can be some positives to having a small closet space:
- It forces you to only stick with quality clothing pieces.
- You have to keep it organized.
- You will never have room for other stuff so the de-cluttering process is easier.
Here’s a before of my very tiny (out of control!) closet space:
This is a picture from last night when I got a head start on the closet floor.
My plan for today’s challenge is the following:
- Only keep clothes that I currently wear.
- If it doesn’t fit or hasn’t been worn in the last year, it must be donated.
- Hang and group clothes by color. I used to always do this, but stopped when my closet got jammed packed.
- Empty out drawers and only keep items that belong in the bedroom.
- Take donation bags to the car and drop off as soon as possible.
As always, I’ll update this post with my after photos and progress. Now let me go and tackle this beast!
I did it! I tackled my ridiculously jammed packed closet. Here’s the master closet after I purged half of my wardrobe (no joke!). I probably won’t have much to wear for a while, but it feels good to not be hanging on to clothes I never liked much anyways.
If you want to join in or would like more tips for today’s challenge, check out Living Well Spending Less for more details. Let me know if you are also doing the challenge so we can cheer each other on!
Looking for more organization ideas? Check out the following:
Friday 24th of October 2014
I really appreciate this challenge! I just found it yesterday and the way you have it broken down is helping me immensely. I have very little time these days, so every bit of advice and encouragement helps. THANK YOU!