31 Days To A Clutter Free Life Day 26 & 27: Guest Room & Craft Supplies
Welcome to Days 26 & 27 of the 31 Days To A Clutter Free Life Challenge! If you want to find out what the challenge is all about or would like to read the previous posts, simply go here.
So you might be wondering why there are two days combined in this post. Well for two very simple reasons:
1. I don’t have a guest room in my home nor do I own a surplus of craft supplies.
2. I have been so swamped this week that combining two posts was the best solution for this busy momma.
Now just because I can’t speak from experience, doesn’t mean that I won’t share some great resources for all you crafty and extra bedroom folks (lucky!). So first I’m going to focus on the guest room.
A guest room should be de-cluttered by giving it the same attention as you would give a master bedroom. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Get rid of items that don’t belong in the guest room.
- Get rid of items that serve no purpose.
- Clear out drawers to make room for your guests’ belongings.
- Wash linens and dust off all surfaces.
I’m also a firm believer that you need to ensure your guests feel welcomed. Check out this post for more tips:
Now on to craft supplies. My craft supplies are very limited so I truly have no reason to de-clutter something that barely exists. However, if you have been blessed with some form of crafting talent you probably have a room or space dedicated to your craft.
Here are some tips to help you keep your craft space organized and clutter free:
- Gather all of your supplies in one place.
- Get rid of anything that is broken or will never be used.
- Group your supplies together and sort by size or color. I love a space that groups supplies by color because it just looks that much cooler.
- Buy inexpensive containers for storage.
Also make sure to check out this awesome series by my friend Gabi of Restful Living that is sure to inspire your crafty heart.
I still can’t believe the challenge will be over in a few days and although it wasn’t always easy, I’m glad to have made it this far. A clutter free home for the holidays is going to feel amazing!
If you would like more tips for today’s challenge, check out Living Well Spending Less for more details.
Looking for more organization ideas? Check out the following: