After making the double chocolate mint Oreo cookies, I decide to add a chocolate mint spin to another of my favorite treats; rice krispies treats. They are so good and easy to make. Oh and pretty too. 🙂 Enjoy!
Andes Mint Krispie Treats
- 6 Cups of Rice Krispies cereal (or similar)
- 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 bag of Andes Mint baking chips
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Melt butter over low heat in a saucepan.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Should be a smooth consistency. (Add green food coloring)
- In a separate bowl add cereal, half of the bag of baking chips, and marshmallow mixture.
- Stir until cereal is well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula press mixture into a 13×9 pan (spray with cooking spray first).
- Melt the remaining chips and drizzle over mixture.
- Let it cool and cut into squares.