A moist and delicious dark chocolate cupcake recipe that is filled with a cheesecake-like center. A recipe that will be a hit during the holidays and beyond!
Some of you know that my oldest graduated a year early from high school and is now a college freshman. To say that my daughter and I are close would be an understatement. We have similar personalities and likes including our obsession with coffee, books, and delicious food.
Although I’ve adjusted to the college mom life, I still miss her like crazy and always look forward to her visits. This past weekend she was over for the holiday break, so we whipped up some goodies in the kitchen.
Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes
We also added some fun Christmas sprinkles to spruce things up a bit and make it festive. This one of those recipes that I don’t make as frequently as some of my other favorite holiday treats, but when I do make these cupcakes they don’t last long at all.
How do you bond with your family during the holiday season? I’d love to hear from you!
- Cupcake Mix –
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup of dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Filling –
- 8 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark)
- Beat softened cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt together in a bowl. Add chocolate chips, stir and set aside.
- In a different bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Next, add the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat well until mixture has no lumps.
- Fill cupcake liners about a 1/3 full with cupcake batter.
- Add a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture to the batter. We also added holiday sprinkles just for fun.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Place in the refrigerator until cool and serve.