Last month I had the opportunity to attend the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration “On-the-Road” event held in Philly. I attended the event with two of my blogging friends; Esther of Coupon Cutting Mom and Lindsay of See Mom Click. There were bloggers there from all over the country. I heard even as far as Kentucky! Here are some of the highlights of that day:
I met Gary Buchanan, he’s Walt Disney World Social Media Managing Editor (and a bit of a celebrity). He’s quite the character and knows how to infuse his happy Disney vibes on others.
I won this awesome chair by the KristiG company. Perfect for my baby girl!
Some of my favorite tips and quotes from the event:
- “If you’re looking for good content just chase an idea.” ~Jenn Fickley-Baker, Walt Disney World Social Media Manager
- “Photos on Facebook receive 104% more comments and doubles engagement.” ~Victoria Lim, Managing Editor at Walt Disney World Public Relations.
- “Get the media to tell your story.” ~Jen Groover, owner of Butler Bag.
- “Be thorough with your children and your business.” ~Amy Bradley, owner of Toydozer.
- “Never give up. Learn from your failures.” ~Kristi Gorinas, owner of KristiG.
- “What would happen if we made an appointment with ourselves?”~Debi Silber, author and founder of The Mojo Coach.