This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Knorr®. Simple and flavorful Knorr® inspired recipes can be found on AllRecipes.com. As always, all opinions are my own.
Now that summer is winding down, I’m planning ahead to ensure that our weeknights go as smooth as possible. Between running a business, homeschooling, and juggling my son’s fall sports schedule, I know that my days are going to be very busy.
One thing I don’t negotiate, even when our schedule is crazy, is having dinner together with my family. It’s what I experienced while growing up in Puerto Rico, and it’s what I want for my own children.
Chicken and Rice Taco Salad
In our home, dinner goes beyond food. It’s how we connect and create memories together. Although it’s going to be bittersweet this year while my daughter is away at college, I know she’ll remember the moments we shared at the dinner table.
Dinner can sometimes be overwhelming, but easy recipes like this one allow me to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my family. Today’s recipe has always been a family favorite, and with Knorr® Sides I can take it up a notch. It’s a simple and flavorful meal that everyone enjoys.
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Taco seasoning to taste
- 1 package of Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Yellow Rice
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 cup of no salt added black beans
- 1 (8oz) package of shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 2 cups of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Season chicken breasts with your favorite taco seasoning and cook in a large skillet until well done.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the skillet and add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add contents from Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Yellow Rice in skillet and follow package directions.
- Layer a large bowl with tortilla chips (optional), cooked chicken, Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Yellow Rice, corn, black beans, lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese.
- Mix well and serve with sour cream or salsa if desired.