When a new season begins I feel like a reset button was pressed. I begin to make a list of things I want to do and accomplish. It’s like a fresh start without having to wait for a new year to begin. With the fall season finally here (one of my favorites by the way), I’ve started a new round of de-cluttering the home and getting ready to makeover our kitchen/dining space. It’s exciting and also a bit overwhelming since this is a very busy season for our family.
To kick off the new season, we went to a corn maze at Cherry Crest Adventure Farm. We decided to be adventurous and do it at night. I must admit it was a bit scary to be walking in a corn maze with just flashlights. I was trying very hard to erase any memory I had of scary movies that took place in corn fields. We had all the kids plus a couple of their friends with us, so we split up into two teams. Our team, which consisted of the younger kids, made their way out of the maze quicker than the older ones! We definitely had a blast. I didn’t even know this place existed in our county, but we plan on going back during the daytime to enjoy their other attractions and food stands.
Now on to my goals. Here’s my list in no particular order:
- Continue our family morning devotionals and studying the Bible together.
- Continue participating in Good Morning Girls daily Bible study.
- Continue to stay on task with our homeschool schedule.
- Go out on a date with my husband. We haven’t done this since I was pregnant!
- Finish reading the *Women Living Well book. Amazing book! I got through most of it and then stopped due to being super busy.
- Re-read *How To Blog For Profit: Without Selling Your Soul. I’ve read it several times, but I just downloaded the extended version.
- Write blog posts about blogging and VA work. I received a lot of emails with questions after I wrote about these two topics, so I plan on doing more in the near future.
- Prepare our home for the new season. Here’s a guest post that I wrote on the subject filled with some great tips.
- Re-do our kitchen/dining area which includes: A table makeover, painting chairs, painting walls and finding window treatments.
- De-clutter all closets and donate, sell or throw out excess clothes. I just did baby girl’s clothes and I have several bags ready for consignment and donation.
Do you make goals when the seasons change? Do you have any fun fall traditions? I would love to hear from you!
*Contains affiliate link