A delicious snack that will be a hit with family and friends this holiday season!
“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”…I’m already listening to Christmas music and even contemplated putting up our Christmas tree last week. Previous years I get our tree up a bit early, but this year I decided to wait. I’m trying REALLY hard to hold off, however, it hasn’t stopped me from getting in the kitchen to make holiday treats.
I recently went to Target and bought a popcorn snack mix that was drizzled in chocolate. Oh my stars. This stuff was AMAZING. Of course I had to try making it myself, but I added my own fun holiday twist. It turned out delicious and today I’m sharing all the yummy details. Warning: It’s a bit addictive.
Double Chocolate Christmas Crunch
3 cups of lightly salted popped popcorn (no butter)
1 1/2 cups of ripple potato chips
1 cup of pretzel sticks
1 cup of dark chocolate melting wafers
1/2 cup of white chocolate melting wafers
1/3 cup of red and green chocolate candies
Red and green sprinkles
1. Pop popcorn per bag instructions. Take 3 cups of popcorn and add to mixing bowl with potato chips and pretzel sticks.
2. Melt dark chocolate wafers according to package instructions. (I used Ghirardelli melting wafers for both the dark and white chocolate)
3. Once chocolate is melted, slowly drizzle over popcorn mixture and fold. Spread over parchment paper and sprinkle with chocolate candies. (I used M&Ms)
4. Melt white chocolate wafers, drizzle over popcorn mixture and top off with red and green sprinkles.
5. Place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to set chocolate. Break up into smaller pieces and enjoy!
What’s your favorite Christmas treat? I’d love to try some new recipes this year!